Pumpkin and Pancetta Risotto
- 1/3 cup chopped pancetta
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups light chicken stock
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 pound pumpkin flesh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Scant 1 cup risotto (Carnaroli, Arborio, or Vialone Nano)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, gently saute the shallots and pumpkin in the oil for about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for a further 2 minutes to toast the grains. Pour in the wine and cook until reduced right down.
Now pour in one-fourth of the stock and stir well. Cook gently until the liquid has been absorbed, then stir in another ladleful of stock. Continue cooking and stirring, gradually adding the stock, until the rice grains are just tender and the risotto is creamy. The whole process should take about 15 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.