"This is a classic pumpkin pie with a couple of simple twists. The pecans on top of the crust and the pie filling provide richness and great depth of flavor. The crunchy texture and roasted flavor they offer naturally complements the sweetness of the pumpkin and the spices in the filling. I love this pie served warm with some melting vanilla ice cream on top. Delicious." -Alex Guarnaschelli
- 1¾ cup Fisher® Pecan Halves, lightly toasted
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 can (15 oz.) solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 9-inch frozen deep dish pie shell
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Chop ½ cup pecans; combine with cinnamon together in a small bowl, set aside.
2. Whisk pumpkin, sour cream, sugar, salt, eggs, egg yolk, allspice and nutmeg together in a medium bowl.
3. Sprinkle pecan and cinnamon mixture onto the pie shell. Pour the filling on top of the nuts and place the pie in the center of the oven to bake. Bake until the top browns lightly and pie is set 55 to 60 minutes. Pie will be fairly solid when gently shaken by the edges of the pie tin. Top with the remaining pecans.