Pumpkin Seed-Crusted Chicken
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ancho powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh, chopped)
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 4 (12-ounce) chicken breasts, skin and wing bone attached
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Serving suggestion: a green salad or favorite vegetables
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Toast the pumpkin seeds and ancho powder in a saute pan on medium high heat. Remove, crush in a mortar and pestle, and place in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, and fresh thyme.
Stuff the goat cheese underneath the chicken skin of the breast, then dredge the chicken on both sides in the mixture and remove. Heat a saute pan on medium heat, add olive oil. Place the chicken, skin side down into the pan.
When it becomes golden, flip the chicken and place into the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with a green salad or favorite vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Michelle Bernstein