Quail with Roasted Strawberry Chutney
- Serves 6
- 12 semi-boneless quail (ask the butcher to prepare them)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season the quail with salt and pepper to taste. Tie the legs of each quail together, and set the quail in a shallow roasting pan with the legs pointing up. Roast for 20 minutes.
Spoon the strawberry chutney around the quail and serve.
Recipe courtesy Donna Leahy's Recipe for a Country Inn (William Morrow, 2002)
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay