Quail with Roasted Strawberry Chutney
Recipe courtesy Donna Leahy's Recipe for a Country Inn (William Morrow, 2002)
- Serves 6
- 12 semi-boneless quail (ask the butcher to prepare them)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season the quail with salt and pepper to taste. Tie the legs of each quail together, and set the quail in a shallow roasting pan with the legs pointing up. Roast for 20 minutes.
Spoon the strawberry chutney around the quail and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay