- 5 (10-inch) or 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound Monterey jack, grated
- 8 scallions, minced
- 1/2 cup drained and minced bottled pimiento
- 4 pickled jalapeno peppers, minced wearing rubber gloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spread the tortillas on 1 side with the butter, put them on ungreased baking sheets buttered side up, and toast them in the oven for 5 minutes, or until they are barely golden. (The tortillas may be toasted 2 hours ahead and kept covered.)
In a bowl toss together the cheese, scallions, pimiento, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and and cumin. Sprinkle the mixture on the tortillas, and bake the quesadillas in the 400 degree F. oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut them into wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.