Quick Avocado-Sprout-Vinaigrette Salad
- 1/2 cup watercress leaves
- 1/2 cup arugula leaves
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- Assorted sprouts: clover, alfalfa, radish, etc.
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cover a platter with watercress and arugula. Place the avocado face down on the greens. Slice the avocado crosswise and fan it out across the greens. Thoroughly mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the avocado and greens. Add sprouts before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.