Quick Jalapeno Corn Bread
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 11/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together milk, butter, egg whites, jalapeno and jalapeno juice. Pour wet ingredients over dry and using a fork, stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Spread batter evenly into 2 non-stick 9-inch round cake pans and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into triangles and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans