Quick-Sauteed Spinach with Garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds spinach, trimmed, well washed, and dried
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- Generous pinch red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
In your largest saute pan, heat the oil over high heat until very hot, almost smoking. Add the spinach and cook, stirring furiously, for about 1 to 2 minutes, the spinach should turn bright green and wilt slightly. Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring rapidly, for 30 seconds.
Remove the spinach from the heat, squeeze the lemon over the top, and add the red pepper and salt and black pepper. Toss well and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chris Schlesinger
Recipe courtesy of Katie Lee