5 Minute Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf store bought frosted or unfrosted cinnamon raisin bread, unsliced
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed or reduced fat sweetened condensed milk
- 2 jiggers brandy
- Whipped cream in spray top canister from your dairy aisle
- Ground or grated nutmeg, for garnish
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Cut 4 thick slices of cinnamon raisin bread. Butter both sides of the bread slices with softened butter. Grill bread until brown and crispy on both sides, 2 minutes on each side.
While bread grills, in a small saucepot, heat sweetened condensed milk or reduced fat sweetened condensed milk over medium low heat for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brandy.
Cut each grilled slice of bread into quarters and pile into 4 dessert cups. Top bread with a few spoonfuls of hard sauce of sweetened condensed milk and brandy and a generous swirl of whipped cream. Garnish cream with a sprinkle of nutmeg and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray