- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut in 1/2 across on an angle
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 12 dried pitted apricots, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup apricot all fruit spread or apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium high heat. Add oil and chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly brown the chicken a few minutes on each side, add onions. Cook 5 minutes. Add vinegar to the pan and let it evaporate. Add apricots and stock. When stock comes to a bubble, add preserves and stir to combine. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Serve chicken with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.