Asian-Style Pork and Vegetable Noodles
Look for many of these ingredients on the Asian food aisle of your supermarket.
- 1 rounded tablespoon sweet-hot mustard
- 1/4 cup tamari, dark, sweet soy sauce, eyeball the amount
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock, or about half of one 14 ounce container
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, from Asian foods aisle, a serious drizzle
- 2 boneless center-cut pork loin chop, 8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh linguini
- 12 to 16 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 inches fresh ginger root, finely chopped or grated
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 cups fresh bean spouts, 4 handfuls
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds or black sesame seeds, for garnish
Put a large pot of water on to boil for pasta.
Place sweet hot mustard in a bowl. Whisk in Tamari sauce. Add stock and sesame oil to the broth and soy. Set aside.
Slice the pork chop very thinly against the grain.
When water for pasta boils, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high to high heat. To the skillet, add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan in a slow stream. Add crushed pepper flakes to the oil, then the thinly sliced pork. Season pork with salt and pepper. Cook pork 2 minutes to caramelize the meat, then turn and stir-fry. Add salt to pasta water, then carrots. Blanch carrots for a minute, then remove with a slotted spoon. Add fresh linguini to boiling water. Transfer carrots to pork stir-fry. Add mushrooms, ginger, red bell pepper, scallions and bean sprouts. Toss and stir-fry veggies with pork for 2 minutes. Cook pasta to al dente. Drain and add to the pork and veggies. Pour Tamari and broth mixture over the noodles and pork. Toss and allow the noodles to completely soak up the liquids, a minute or so. Remove from heat. Serve large bowls of noodles, pork and veggies with a garnish of toasted sesame seeds or black sesame seeds. Break out the chopsticks!
More Recipes and Ideas:
Soba Noodle-Vegetable Salad, Paneed Pork Loin and Mashed Root Vegetables with a Roasted Cipollini and Field Pea Relish, Grandma Neely's Fried Pork Chop Vegetable Soup, Carrot Soup Recipes, Roast Beef Recipes, Asian Noodle Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.