Baby Lamb Chops with Artichoke and Tarragon Dip
- 1 (15-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated baby mushrooms and their liquids
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon leaves, stripped, plus a few sprigs to garnish
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 16 baby lamb chops, cut by butcher
- 1/2 pound baby cut carrots, available in produce department
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 4 radishes, cleaned and trimmed, greens left on, halved lengthwise
Preheat the broiler or grill pan to high.
In a food processor, combine the artichokes, marinated mushrooms, shallot, tarragon, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and turn processor on and stream in about 1/2 cup of evoo until a spoonable, fairly smooth dip forms, about 1 minute. Scrape the dip into a serving bowl and place a demitasse (small) spoon in the dip so it can be easy applied to each individual cooked lamb chop.
Drizzle chops with a few teaspoons of evoo and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil 2 minutes on each side and remove to rest.
To serve, place dip on large platter or cutting board and surround with cooked chops and piles of baby cut carrots, sugar snap peas and halved radishes for dipping and topping. Garnish platter with additional sprigs of tarragon.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali