Baby Shrimp Scampi and Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/3 pound baby shrimp, 300 count
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or white wine, eyeball it
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/3 pound angel hair pasta, cooked to al dente
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped or snipped fresh chives
Get your pasta water going. Start the scampi sauce when you drop your pasta into boiling water to cook.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and melt the butter into it. Add shallots and cook a minute or 2, stirring constantly. Add lemon zest and shrimp and heat shrimp through, another minute or two. Add vermouth or wine and tomatoes. Toss another minute to heat the tomatoes through. Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat evenly in sauce and to distribute the shrimp. Season liberally with salt and pepper and serve with chives to garnish.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray