Bacon, Spinach and Cream Potatoes
- 3 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 strips center cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cream
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and wrung out in a kitchen towel
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring up to a boil, salt water and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
To a small skillet over medium heat add a little extra-virgin olive oil and bacon and brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes more.
Drain the potatoes and place back in the hot pot. Add bacon, onions and defrosted spinach to potatoes, mash to combine then add cream. Mash until smooth and season the mixture with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray