Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Green Beans and Smashed Potatoes with Green Onions
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- 4 to 5 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- A handful arugula leaves from bulk bins, chopped
- A handful baby spinach leaves from bulk bins, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 1 pound thin green beans
- 2 vine tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- Leaves from 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 scallions, finely chopped, whites and greens
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Using a small sharp knife cut into the thick end of the chicken and make an incision reaching 2/3 the way down the breast. Loosen up the incision with your fingers to make a hole. Season the chicken with pepper. Combine the cheese with arugula and baby spinach and stuff the breasts. Spiral-wrap the breasts with the bacon tightly to cover the meat evenly. Place chicken on a nonstick baking sheet and roast 20 to 22 minutes until bacon is crispy and chicken is firm.
Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, season water with salt and cook potatoes 15 minutes, or until tender.
Bring 1-inch water to a boil. Trim beans. Salt water and add beans to water. Simmer 5 minutes, drain and combine with tomatoes, thyme, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
Serve chicken with green beans and potatoes alongside.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Green Chile-Stuffed Pepper Steaks Wrapped in Bacon, Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Blue Cheese and Pecans, Crispy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with Three Cheese Creamy Risotto and Arugula Fennel Salad, Baked Potato Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Main Dish, Flank Steak Recipes, Chicken and Rice Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.