Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and Scallops
- 12 jumbo raw peeled deveined shrimp, 16 to 20 count per pound
- 12 large sea scallops, trimmed and well drained
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning or coarse salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 12 slices center cut or applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1/2
- 3 scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place shrimp and scallops in a shallow dish or bowl. Dress seafood with lime juice and zest, a generous drizzle of sesame oil, grill seasoning and hot pepper flakes. Wrap each shrimp and scallop with a half slice of bacon. Wrap each shrimp working from head to tail, pulling bacon snuggly around the shrimp. Wrap the bacon around the outside of each scallop. Fasten bacon in place as necessary with picks.
Arrange the shrimp and scallops on a slotted baking pan, such as a broiler pan, to allow draining while bacon crisps. Bake shrimp and scallops 10 to 14 minutes, until shrimp is pink and curled, scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp. Shrimps may finish before the scallops.