BBQ Spiced Chicken, Salsa Salad and Pumpkin-Chipotle Polenta
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cut into spears and grilled
- 2 limes
- A handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 chipotle in adobo, finely chopped and 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup quick cooking polenta
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
Heat grill pan over medium-high heat.
Mix spices and sugar in a large plastic food storage bag. Coat chicken with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and add to bag. Coat the chicken evenly in the spices and sugar. Let the chicken hang out a few minutes.
Chop and combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, onions and grilled pineapple spears.
Place chicken on grill and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
Dress the salad with lime and a couple tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Season the salad with cilantro, salt and pepper.
Heat the stock and milk or half-and-half in a sauce pot with chipotle and adobo sauce. Whisk in the polenta and thicken 2-3 minutes, stir in pumpkin to warm through. Stir in butter and honey and season with salt and pepper.
Serve polenta with chicken and salsa salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.