BBQ Spiced Chicken, Salsa Salad and Pumpkin-Chipotle Polenta
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cut into spears and grilled
- 2 limes
- A handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 chipotle in adobo, finely chopped and 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup quick cooking polenta
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
Heat grill pan over medium-high heat.
Mix spices and sugar in a large plastic food storage bag. Coat chicken with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and add to bag. Coat the chicken evenly in the spices and sugar. Let the chicken hang out a few minutes.
Chop and combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, onions and grilled pineapple spears.
Place chicken on grill and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
Dress the salad with lime and a couple tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Season the salad with cilantro, salt and pepper.
Heat the stock and milk or half-and-half in a sauce pot with chipotle and adobo sauce. Whisk in the polenta and thicken 2-3 minutes, stir in pumpkin to warm through. Stir in butter and honey and season with salt and pepper.
Serve polenta with chicken and salsa salad.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Vampire Chicken-Beet Salad with Scallions and Goat Cheese and Onion Toasted Ghouls, Grilled Chicken Posole Salad, SolaReflex Southwestern Chardonnay BBQ Chicken, Barbecuing, Pumpkin Cake Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.