Branzino with Brown Butter and Almonds on a Bed of Crispy Kale
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale (also called lacinato kale), stemmed
- 1 tablespoon EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grated nutmeg
- 4 fillets branzino
- Splash white vermouth
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the broiler.
Warm a serving platter in a 250 degree F oven.
Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper, then saute until just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Douse the fish with the vermouth, then transfer to the platter and cover to keep warm.
Return the skillet to the heat and toast the almonds over medium heat. Add the butter and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Grate the zest of the lemon and add it to the browned butter, then squeeze in the juice from half the lemon. Stir in the parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray