Caramel Peanut Popcorn Baseballs
- 4 cups caramel coated popcorn (recommended: Cracker Jack)
- Plastic food storage bag, gallon size
- 1 package, 2 ounces, chopped nut topping, available on baking aisle
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Optional garnishes: caramel sauce, canister whipped cream, maraschino cherries
Place the popcorn in a food storage bag and crush with a small skillet. Pour the crushed popcorn mixture onto a cookie sheet and combine with nuts. Soften ice cream 15 seconds per pint in microwave oven. Use a large scoop to overpack a round ball of ice cream. Place ice cream onto cookie sheet and roll in coating. Cover odd-shapped ball in plastic wrap and use the wrap as a barrier to mold ball into a perfect circle the size of a baseball. Repeat to form 4 balls. You will use about 1 1/2 pints of ice cream total. Freeze until ready to serve. Garnish baseballs with caramel sauce, whipped cream and maraschino cherry.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray