Carbonara Deep-Dish Pasta-Crusted Pan Pizza
- 2 packages fresh linguini, 9 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta, cut as thick as bacon, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, a couple of handfuls
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat water for pasta in large pot, salt it and add pasta for 3 minutes.
Drain pasta, add to pan and toss. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and season with salt and pepper. Beat eggs with cream and pour over top of pasta. Let eggs begin to set up, about 1 minute, and pat pasta into even layer to make the pizza pie crust. Place in oven and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
Mix together the ricotta and parsley. Remove pie from oven and smooth the ricotta over the top. Scatter with the provolone or mozzarella and return to oven. Bake 8 minutes more until cheese is melted and golden at edges. Cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse