- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock, 1 quart size box, available on soup aisle of the market
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano, a generous handful
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup tiny frozen peas
Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and garlic and onion and saute, stirring constantly 2 to 3 minutes then add rice and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook another minute or so then add wine and let it completely absorb, 30 seconds. Add about 1 cup chicken stock and stir. Reduce heat a bit to medium. Stir often and continue adding a half cup of liquid each time liquid becomes completely absorbed. Cook 22 minutes, using as much stock as is necessary to result in creamy-consistency rice with a bite to it.
When rice is cooked to desired consistency, remove from heat and stir in cheese, parsley and peas and stir to combine and to heat peas through.