Chicken Greek-a-Tikka Salad with Parsley-Feta Pesto
- 4 flat breads or pitas, any flavor or variety
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended: McCormick Montreal Seasoning)
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds white meat chicken, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 6 pepperoncini hot peppers, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Special equipment: metal skewers
- Parsley Feta Pesto:
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup feta crumbles
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat a grill pan to high heat. Heat a toaster oven or oven to 250 degrees F.
Wrap breads in foil and place in oven to warm.
Combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients. Coat chicken in mixture then thread meat onto metal skewers. Brush grill pan with oil and grill meat 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
Place all ingredients for pesto in the food processor except extra-virgin olive oil. Turn processor on and stream in extra-virgin olive oil.
Remove bread from oven and cut into wedges.
Place grilled meat on salad and top liberally with pesto. Place cut flat breads or pita wedges around the platter or serving bowl and serve.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray