Chicken or Lamb Patty Pockets
- Handful cilantro leaves
- Handful mint leaves
- Handful basil leaves
- 1 cup Greek style plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cumin, a palm full
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grill seasoning blend, 1 1/3 palm fulls (recommended: McCormick Montreal Seasoning)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 4 pita pockets
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 8 leaves tender lettuce
Spiced exotic chips recommended: Taro root chips)
Place the herbs in a food processor and pulse grind them into a fine chop. In a bowl combine the herbs, yogurt, cumin and grill seasoning. Add the meat and mix to combine.. Form into 4 large, very thin patties. Wash up and preheat a large nonstick skillet with a couple tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Heat a small second skillet over high heat and blister the pitas on each side. Cut tops off the bread and fill pita pockets with patties, lettuce and chutney.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.