Chicken Sausage Patties
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green apple, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning, half a palm full
- 1 teaspoon allspice, 1/3 palm full
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1/3 palm full
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add apples and onions and season with a little salt, pepper and fennel seeds. Gently saute the mixture 5 minutes to soften and remove from heat to cool.
Heat a griddle pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Place chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, poultry seasoning, allspice, paprika and a healthy drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Add in the apples, onions and fennel and mix the sausage. Score meat into 4 sections and form 3 small, thin patties from each section, 2 1/2 inches across, 12 small patties total. Cook patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Sausage Balls, Tomato-Basil Sauce, Cacio e Pepe Potatoes and Roast Broccolini
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray