Chicken Suizas Quesadilla Cakes
- 6 tomatillos
- Metal skewers
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- Cooking spray
- A small handful cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/3 palmful
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
- 5 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or mild Cheddar
Heat a grill pan to medium-high or heat an outdoor grill.
Peel and rinse the tomatillos. Halve the tomatillos and thread onto metal skewers along with the onions, peppers and garlic. Spray the skewered ingredients with cooking spray and grill for 15 minutes. Scrape the charred ingredients into a food processor and add the cilantro, the lime zest, lime juice, honey, cumin and salt, to taste. Process to form a sauce - if too thick, add 1/4 to 1/3 cup water. Add the chicken and the sauce to a large bowl and toss together.
Char the tortillas on a grill or over a flame burner. Spray a cake pan with cooking spray, then add a tortilla and top with 1/4 of the chicken mixture, 4 rounded teaspoon-sized dollops of creme fraiche or sour cream and some shredded Swiss and Monterey Jack. Add another tortilla and continue to build until you have 4 layers of chicken and cheese ending with a tortilla. Spray the top tortilla with cooking spray and put the pan in a preheated 400 degree F oven or on an outdoor grill with the lid down to melt the cheese, about 5 minutes. Put a plate over the pan and invert it onto a cutting board. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.