Chili Dog Bacon Cheeseburgers and Fiery Fries
- 8 slices center cut or other lean, thick-cut, smoky bacon
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 2 hot dogs, beef or pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it, divided
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 4 slices deli sliced Cheddar
- 1 sack (16 to18 ounces) crispy style frozen potato fries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chives, a handful
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
Preheat broiler to high.
Place bacon on slotted broiler pan. Cook bacon 10 inches from the heat and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until crisp then adjust oven to bake setting for temperature recommended on fries packaging.
While bacon cooks, make the burgers. Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Mix beef with diced dogs, chili powder, grill seasoning, Worcestershire, 1 teaspoon of hot sauce and ketchup. Form 4 large patties. Add a drizzle of oil, 1 turn of the pan and add the patties. Cook burgers 6 minutes on each side, then top with 2 slices bacon and 1 slice of cheddar, each. Turn pan off, cover with loose foil tent and let cheese melt, 1 to 2 minutes.
While the burgers cook, add fries to oven and cook until extra-crisp. Remove from oven. Place butter, 1 tablespoon hot sauce and garlic in a small dish and microwave on high 20 seconds then transfer fries to a large bowl. Toss fries with garlic-hot sauce butter and chives and season with salt, to taste.
Slather chili sauce on the tops of split keiser rolls. Place bacon chili-cheese burgers on bun bottoms and top each burger with lettuce, cilantro, and lime juice. Set bun tops in place. Pile fries alongside and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.