Chorizo Mushroom Queso Dip
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a drizzle
- 1/2 pound Spanish or Mexican chorizo, diced or casings removed and crumbled
- 1/2 pound mushroom caps, quartered
- 1 pound Mexican melting cheese or Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese, diced
- 1 bag corn tortillas or blue corn tortillas, any variety
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven 375 degrees F
Heat extra-virgin olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and saute until the brown and the fat is rendered. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until just tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to small casserole or baking dish, top with cheese and bake until bubbly. Remove from the oven, garnish with scallions and serve with chips for dipping.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.