- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a drizzle
- 1/2 pound Spanish or Mexican chorizo, diced or casings removed and crumbled
- 1/2 pound mushroom caps, quartered
- 1 pound Mexican melting cheese or Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese, diced
- 1 bag corn tortillas or blue corn tortillas, any variety
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven 375 degrees F
Heat extra-virgin olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and saute until the brown and the fat is rendered. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until just tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to small casserole or baking dish, top with cheese and bake until bubbly. Remove from the oven, garnish with scallions and serve with chips for dipping.