Chunky Chicken and Chorizo Chili
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 3/4 pound chorizo, chopped
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, 3 palm fulls
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, a palm full
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 bottle beer
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups quick cooking polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
Heat a big, deep skillet over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Add chorizo and render its fat, 2 minutes. Push the chorizo off to the sides of the pot and add chicken meat. Brown and crumble the chicken, 5 to 6 minutes. Season the chicken with chili powder and cumin while it cooks. Combine the onions, garlic, peppers and beans to meats and cook another 5 to 6 minutes. Stir the beer into the chili and reduce the liquid a minute then add the tomatoes and heat through. Season the chili with salt, to taste, and reduce heat to low.
Bring 6 cups stock to a boil in a medium pot, stir in polenta and keep stirring until the polenta masses and thickens to a porridge, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in butter, scallions and thyme and season with salt, to taste.
Fill bowls half way with polenta and make a well in the center. Fill up bowls with chili and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mexican Chorizo and Turkey Chili, Chiarello Chicken and White Bean Chili With Veggies, Chicken and Chorizo Romesco with Spanish Potatoes and Kale, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes