Clams Casino Royal
- Rock salt or pickling salt
- 24 cherry stone clams (buy them scrubbed, split them and loosen clam)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crab boil (recommended: Old Bay seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- A few drops hot sauce
- 4 slices bacon, look for package marked "Center Cut" its lean and thin, cut slices into 1-inch pieces
Pour rock salt into a shallow baking pan or dish. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Set clams upright into salt. The salt will steady them. Mix butter with shallot, spices and hot sauce. Dab each clam with 1 teaspoon of the mixture and top with a piece of bacon. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until bacon is crisp and butter is brown and bubbling. YUMMO!
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray