- 3 (6-ounce) tubs fresh lump crab meat from fish counter of your market
- 1 1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Handful chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 3 ribs celery from the heart with their greens, cut into chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chunked
- 1 clove garlic, cracked from skin
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into chunks
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Oyster crackers, for garnish
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
Place crab in a bowl and run fingers through it to check for pieces of shell. Break up crab a bit with finger tips but leave several large pieces. Add chili sauce, lemon zest and juice, parsley, hot sauce and Worcestershire to the bowl and toss to combine.
In a food processor, process the chopped veggies into small bits by hitting pulse several times. Line a plate with a few sheets of paper towel. Scrape veggies onto towel to remove liquids. Transfer chopped celery, pepper, garlic and onions to the crab. Stir to combine veggies and season the salad with coarse salt and pepper to taste. Place crab salad in a serving bowl and top with crackers. Surround the salad with lettuce "cups". Spoon the salad into the crunchy pieces of iceberg as you eat.