Crunchy Tuna Burger
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds fresh tuna, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable, peanut, safflower or canola oil
- 8 dinner rolls or brioche rolls
- 1/2 head Bibb lettuce, about 4 to 5 leaves
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 1/2 cup store-bought wasabi mustard or Asian Sweet-Hot mustard or, combine 1/2 cup yellow mustard, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon wasabi paste in a small bowl
- Terra chips or other fancy root vegetable chips
Add the tuna in a food processor and pulse to grind. Put the tuna in bowl and stir in the chives, tamari, garlic, and black pepper, to taste. Add the panko crumbs and sesame seeds to a shallow dish. Form the tuna mixture into 8 small patties and roll in the bread crumbs.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil. Put the burgers in the pan and cook until lightly golden brown on the outside and pink in the middle, about 2 minutes per side.
Put the burgers on the bun bottoms. Top with lettuce and pickled ginger, then slather the bun tops with wasabi mustard. Cover with the bun tops and serve with fancy root vegetable chips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.