Crusty Bread, Sliced Tomatoes with Lemon, Sliced Pimentos, Spanish Cheese and Olives
- 1 loaf, 24 inches or longer, crusty bread
- 2 or 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 small to medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Coarse salt
- 4 whole pimento peppers, drained, found in glass jars with Spanish and Mexican foods in market
- 1 1/4 pounds manchego cheese
- 2 cups assorted large olives, green and black stuffed or pitted, mixed -- take your pick
- 3 -inch party picks
Preheat broiler to high.
Cut bread in half then slit loaf lengthwise. Char the bread under broiler, then rub with crushed garlic and drizzle with oil. Cut bread into large, bite size cubes and transfer to a basket.
Slice pimentos and place in a small serving dish. Slice or cube half of the manchego, leave the remainder whole with a utensil to cut with alongside. Serve on a cutting board. Place olives in a dish near cheese.
Use party picks to stack tomatoes and or cheese and olives with bread cubes to pop into your mouth. Bread cubes are tasty with meat and mushroom bites as well.