- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound, packaged chorizo, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/3 palm full
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 bottle beer
- 4 Portuguese rolls or 2 sandwich sized English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 deli-cut slices Swiss cheese
- 4 dill pickles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat with extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan. Add pork and brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chorizo, onions, garlic and season mixture with cumin, allspice, salt and pepper, to taste, and cook 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, cook a minute then add beer.
Arrange bread on baking sheet. Toast the split bread a bit, top with 1/4 of the meat mixture and Swiss cheese, return to oven and melt 2 to 3 minutes.
Mix pickles with mustard. Heat a skillet with butter over medium heat. To melted butter, add eggs and fry to desired doneness.
Top Cubano hash with relish and fried egg and serve. Oh yeah, Baby!
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse