Cucumber and Celery Salad
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 1 seedless cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick (you can use a regular cuke, but seed it and if the skin is waxy, peel it)
- 5 to 6 ribs celery from the heart, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup chopped hot or roasted red peppers or 1/2 small fresh bell pepper, whichever you have on hand
- 1 small jar marinated mushrooms or artichoke hearts or 1 cup pickled vegetable salad, "giardiniera", chopped
- Salt and pepper
Place relish in the bottom of a bowl. Whisk in vinegar then extra-virgin olive oil. Add cucumber, celery, peppers and marinated vegetable of choice to the bowl. Toss salad and adjust salt and pepper, to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.