Curry-in-a-Hurry Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken meat, skinned, boned and diced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot, a couple of handfuls
- 4 scallions, chopped on an angle
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or 2 rounded teaspoons mild curry paste
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney, found on condiment aisle, plus some to pass at table
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or white vinegar, eyeball it
- 3 tablespoons vegetable, canola or safflower oil, eyeball it
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) sliced smoked almonds
Combine meat, celery, red grapes, carrot and scallions.Add yogurt and curry to the salad and toss to evenly distribute the curry. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to your taste.
To dress the greens, add salad to a bowl. In a second bowl, combine chutney and vinegar. Whisk in oil. Drizzle dressing over greens and toss.
To assemble, pile dressed greens on a plate. Using an ice cream scoop, place 2 scoops of chicken salad on greens. Garnish with toasted almonds.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray