- 3 eggs
- Splash milk or cream
- Splash hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices white or wheat bread
- 4 rounded tablespoons apricot or raspberry preserves
- 4 rounded tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices herb roast turkey
- 2 tablespoons butter
Beat eggs, milk or cream and hot sauce with salt and pepper. Mix together the preserves and mustard. Spread the mixture on 1 side of each slice of bread. Face the coated sides in and make sandwiches of ham, cheese and turkey, folding meat and cheese to fit the bread.
Heat a skillet with butter over medium heat. Coat sandwiches in egg and cook 3 minutes on each side until deeply golden and warmed through. Cut sandwiches from corner to corner and serve.