- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced but not shaved
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 6 ribs celery from heart with leafy tops, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
TIDBIT - larger markets carry very tiny bottles of truffle oil. It makes a very tasty drizzle over the top of this salad.
Heat broiler. Arrange the prosciutto on foil covered baking sheet and broil to make crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Reserve.
Arrange the thinly sliced vegetables on a platter with parsley and arugula. Dress the salad with lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and salt and pepper. Drizzle with truffle oil, optional. Break up the crispy prosciutto and scatter over the salad. Serve.