Emmanuel's Baked Artichoke Hearts
- 2 (15-ounce) cans artichoke hearts in water, 6 to 8 count, drained
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, plus a drizzle to coat baking dish
- 1/4 ripe lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 flat anchovies fillets
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs, 3 handfuls
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, a couple of handfuls
- Coarse black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Turn drained artichokes upside down to get all the liquid out. Halve artichoke hearts, lengthwise. Drizzle a small casserole dish with a little extra-virgin olive oil, and spread it around the dish with a pastry brush. Arrange the halved artichoke hearts with tops up, bottoms down, in a layered pattern in the dish. Squeeze the juice of 1/4 lemon over the hearts.
Preheat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and butter to the skillet. When butter melts into oil, add garlic and anchovies. Using the back of a wooden spoon, work anchovies into oil as they break up. When anchovies have dissolved into oil, add bread crumbs to the pan and lightly toast, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley, cheese and black pepper, stir to combine and remove pan from heat. Top artichokes with an even layer of bread topping and set in the middle of oven. Bake 10 minutes until artichokes are warm and topping is deep golden brown in color.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.