Everything Lo Mein
- 3 rounded tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark soy, eyeball it
- 3 tablespoons water, eyeball it
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, eyeball it
- Everything Lo Mein:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 chicken breast cutlets, thinly sliced into strips
- 3 thin cut pork chops, thinly sliced into strips
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 inches fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 scallions, cut into 3-inch lengths then sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into quarters, seeded, then sliced
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts, 4 generous handfuls or 1/2 pound shredded cabbage, your choice
Mix together sauce ingredients and reserve.
Bring pasta water to a boil, salt water and cook spaghetti to al dente.
While pasta cooks, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large, nonstick skillet over high heat. When oil ripples, add beaten eggs and scramble them to light golden brown, remove and reserve.
Season the meat with salt, pepper and coriander. Heat the remaining vegetable oil to a ripple, then add meat and stir-fry 4 minutes, push meat to the side and add ginger, garlic and veggies. Stir-fry veggies 2 minutes, then drain and add pasta and eggs back to skillet. Pour sauce over the spaghetti and toss to combine. Turn off pan. Toss 30 seconds and let the liquids absorb.