- 1 cup chopped nuts, such as hazelnuts
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 2 pints rum-raisin ice cream
- 12 soft fig-cake cookies (such as Fig Newtons), sliced
- Whipped cream, from a canister
Toast the nuts over low heat in a small pan. Warm the chocolate-hazelnut spread in the microwave until it has the consistency of hot fudge sauce, 40 seconds to 1 minute.
In sundae cups or small bowls, layer ice cream with sliced cookies, toasted nuts and chocolate-hazelnut sauce. Garnish with a twist of whipped cream from a canister.
Photograph by Andrew Mccaul