- 2 pitas, torn into chips
- Extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- Pita crisps spice blend:
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- For the salad:
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 beefsteak tomato, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
DirectionsFor the pitas:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the pitas onto a large baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Combine the spice blend and sprinkle onto the torn pitas. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
For the salad:
Combine garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste, in a salad bowl. Add the peppers, tomatoes, onions, parsley, mint and pita chips to the bowl, toss.
More Recipes and Ideas:
G's Goddess Salad, Green Salad with Red Pepper Relish Dressing, "Ono-lishious": Grilled Sesame Chicken Satay Papaya Salad with Hoisin Balsamic Vinaigrette, Holiday Appetizer Recipes, Caesar Salad Recipes, Roasted Potato Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Kale Recipes, Easy Lunch
Thank you! your flag was submitted.