Fruit and Vegetable Fiesta Salad
- 1 fresh, cored pineapple available in produce department of many markets, chopped
- or 1 can cut pineapple in natural juice, reserve 1/4 cut of the juice of either product.
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 vine ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco), to your taste, optional
Combine chopped pineapple with chopped peppers, onions, cucumber, celery and tomatoes. In a bowl combine reserved pineapple juice with the lime juice and chili powder, whisk in extra-virgin olive oil and season dressing with salt and pepper, to taste. Add in a few dashes of hot saice if you like it spicy! Pour dressing over salad and toss.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray