- 1 1/2 pounds giardiniera, (hot pepper salad mix,) from bulk bins of market near olives, or jarred
- 2 pounds aged, sharp provolone, cubed into bite size pieces
- 2 pounds cooked hot and sweet Italian sausages or salamis, cubed into bite size pieces
- 2 pounds mixed olives, from specialty olive bulk bins of market
- 2 packages fancy bread sticks or grissini, found near deli or near bread crumbs in market
- 2 (10-ounce) cans smoked almonds, available on snack aisle of market
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
On a large cutting board, arrange piles of hot pepper salad, cheese and sausages or salamis. Serve olives in a small bowl with a second bowl set out for the pits. Pile toothpicks into a shot glass and set on edge of board. Bread sticks of grissini look great in a water glass and add height to your antipasto board. Smoked almonds can be served in any barrel shaped glass; easy to pick up and spill out a few nuts into the palm of your hand. Decorate your board with bundles of any combination of fresh herbs that you have on hand.