- 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 1 lemon
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves chopped
- A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 rounded tablespoons tahini paste
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, well drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 sack pita chips, sea salt variety (recommended: Stacy's)
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into sticks for dipping
- A medium red pepper, seeded and cut into strips for dipping
Combine chick peas, juice of 1 lemon, oregano and parsley in food processor. Mash garlic into paste with some salt pressing under the flat part of your knife then add garlic to processor along with tahini paste. Process hummus, drizzling in olive oil, until smooth then transfer to a bowl and stir in olives, reserving a few for garnish. Serve dip with pita crisps and vegetable sticks.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.