- 2 pounds ground lamb or turkey
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lemon
- 1 Fresno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Cooking spray
- Grilled naan bread, for serving
- Melted butter, for brushing
- Chutney, for serving
Combine the ground lamb, yogurt, herbs, cinnamon, garlic, egg, the finely grated zest of the lemon, chile pepper, shallot, some salt and lots of pepper in a large bowl. Form one-quarter of the meat mixture around each of 4 metal skewers (if you don't have skewers, you can form it into patties). Brush with vegetable oil.
Heat a grill pan or griddle over medium-high heat until very hot, then spray with cooking spray. Add the kabobs and cook, gently turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Brush the naan with melted butter. Cut the lemon into wedges. Serve the kabobs with the naan, lemon wedges, chutney and yogurt.