- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, ask for "Easy-Peels" at fish counter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, plus 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup giardiniera, pickled hot pepper, cauliflower salad, found in jars with Italian foods aisle
- A handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- A few grinds coarse black pepper
- 8 large bibb lettuce leaves (outer leaves), about 1 head
Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high. Place shrimp in shallow dish. Sprinkle garlic over shrimp. Drizzle shrimp with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Grill 2 minutes on each side, until pink and opaque and head curls towards tail. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over shrimp and remove to platter to cool.
In food processor, coarsely chop the giardiniera vegetables. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, parsley, tomato, and pepper until well combined. To serve, place 2 shrimp in a bibb lettuce leaf and sprinkle some gazpacho sauce over them. Roll them up like a mini-burrito and enjoy!