Grilled Polenta Crackers with Roasted Pepper Salsa
- 1 tube, 24 ounces, prepared polenta, plain or sun-dried tomato flavor, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 3 roasted red peppers, drained well, 1 large jar, 16 ounces
- 1/2 cup calamata black olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat grill pan to high.
Slice polenta and brush lightly with oil. Grill 2 or 3 minutes on each side to score the cakes and warm them.
Place peppers, olives, capers, parsley, onion, garlic and red pepper flakes in processor and pulse the power to chop salsa. Top polenta with spoonfuls of salsa and serve.
Total Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 gram
Protein: 2 grams
Total carbohydrates: 16 grams
Sugar: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Sodium: 198 milligrams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.