Handy-Pasto - Antipasto Pizza
- 1 tube store-bought prepared pizza dough
- 2 cloves grated or finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- A couple handfuls Parmigiano-Reggiano
- A pinch red pepper flakes
- A few grinds black pepper
- 1 small heart romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 slices Genoa salami, chopped
- 2 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped banana pepper rings or chopped hot peppers of any kind
- 1/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts or marinated mushrooms
- A handful pitted green or black good quality olives, coarsely chopped
This is a white pizza with garlic topped with all the makings of an antipasto platter - cut into squares and it makes a great starter or party snack. Many of the antipasto toppers can be purchased at the salad bar counter in bulk so you only have to buy what you need of each.
Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Press dough onto baking sheet and top with garlic, cheeses, and pepper flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and bake 15 to 18 minutes.
Top the cooked pizza with lettuce, salami, roasted peppers, hot peppers, artichokes or mushrooms and olives, cut into squares and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008