Heck of a Jicama Salad
- 1 medium jicama root, peeled and sliced into thick matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 hearts romaine, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, a handful of leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, eyeball it in the palm of your hand
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place jicama in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and sugar, and add the juice of 1 lime. Let jicama stand 15 minutes. While jicama softens, work on the rest of your meal.
Arrange romaine on a serving plate. Top romaine with jicama. Juice 1 lime into a small bowl, add cilantro and cumin. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream. Pour dressing over salad and season with salt and pepper.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Arugula, Avocado, Papaya and Jicama Salad with Pomegranate Dressing and Tortilla Chip Croutons, Jicama Salad, Crunchy Jicama and Mango Salad with Chile and Lime, Healthy Snack Recipes, Salad Dressing, Easy Asian, Appetizer Recipes , Spinach Salad Recipes, Lobster Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.